Re: USB related oops in 2.6.6-rk2-bk3 (similar with 2.6.5)

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Wed Apr 28 2004 - 08:06:05 EST

Grzegorz Kulewski wrote:
Hi,

I experienced this oops. I have uhci-hcd and two devices. One is usb camera (TC111 - probably not supported under linux?) and the second is speedtouch modem. Everytime I shut down my system (Gentoo) with 2.6.5 and newer I get some oops but system log is down before that and I have no time to hack start scripts to stop shuting syslog. It occures when removing some usb modules. So I stopped speedtouch and removed the modules manually (in stop scripts order I hope). But I have not removed uhci-hcd module (this module is removed in other part of stop scripts). And... nothing happened. So I unplugged speedtouch and replugged it back. And I immendiatelly got atached oops. (I think that I should use ksymoops, but it is searching for /proc/ksyms that is not present in 2.6 and it does not like /proc/kallsyms... And it produces nothing but warnings. What options should I use?)

What can I do to help track the problem down?

Does it happen without preempt?

--
-bill davidsen (davidsen@xxxxxxx)