userspace pci config space accesses

From: Brian King
Date: Wed Apr 28 2004 - 16:54:10 EST

I recently ran into a problem where lspci was trying to read pci config space
of a pci adapter while the device driver for that adapter was running BIST
on it. On ppc64, this resulted in a PCI error and puts the slot into an error
state making it unusable for the remainder of that system boot. Should there
be some blocking in place so that userspace pci config reads will not occur
in these windows or is using tools like lspci user beware? Part of my problem
was that lspci was being called as a result of a boot script so on a particular
machine I was hitting this every boot.

--
Brian King
eServer Storage I/O