Re: Linux 2.6.6-rc3

From: Craig Thomas
Date: Thu Apr 29 2004 - 11:57:10 EST

On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 17:59, CaT wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 06:02:00PM -0700, Craig Thomas wrote:
> > On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 19:03, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> > > s390, cifs, ntfs, ppc, ppc64, cpufreq upates. Oh, and DVB and USB.
> > >
> > > I'm hoping to do a final 2.6.6 later this week, so I'm hoping as many
> > > people as possible will test this.
> >
> > OSDL is nearly complete with their automated tests. Tests
> > completed so far:
>
> Would it be possible to get results for the latest 2.4 to compare it
> with? To see if it looks like it's doing better, worse or thesame. 2.4
> comes out less often so it shouldn't be much of a hassle (right? :)

Done and posted.

The DBT3-pgsql test will fail on 2.4 at this time due to LVM2
and PostgreSQL interoperability issues with the 2.6 kernel. We
have been focusing on the 2.6 kernel, so we have not had a chance to
get that test working on 2.4, but if anyone wants to fix it for 2.4,
we'll be more than happy to run it.