Re: 2.6.5, 2.6.6-rc2 sluggish interrupts

From: Peter Chubb
Date: Thu Apr 29 2004 - 23:16:58 EST

>>>>> "Justin" == Justin Pryzby <justinpryzby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Justin> --Q68bSM7Ycu6FN28Q Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Justin> Content-Disposition: inline Content-Transfer-Encoding:
Justin> quoted-printable

Justin> It feels to me like it always happens when the disk is
Justin> accessed (possibly just because I can _hear_ that), and it
Justin> seems like it happens when the disk hasn't been used in a
Justin> while.

Try
1. booting with elevator=deadline
2. hdparm -u /dev/hda

One of these might help.

Dr Peter Chubb http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au peterc AT gelato.unsw.edu.au
The technical we do immediately, the political takes *forever*