Re: Hand with radeon 9000 / AGP / DRI

From: Karim Yaghmour
Date: Sun May 02 2004 - 22:28:03 EST

Timothy Miller wrote:
Which driver are you using for OpenGL? The x11 (mesa) driver, or ATI's driver? ATI's driver doesn't play nice with radeonfb.

The X11 one. I used to use ATI's, but it didn't really give me any
advantage over X11 (At least not that I could see.) So it went the way
of "rpm -e".

Also, telling radeonfb what resolution you want on the boot command line is broken if the res you request and the res reported by EDID disagree.

I'm not giving it any res at all as boot parm.

Karim
--
Author, Speaker, Developer, Consultant
Pushing Embedded and Real-Time Linux Systems Beyond the Limits