Booting off of IDE while using different libata drives on same southbridge

From: J. Ryan Earl
Date: Mon May 03 2004 - 16:19:37 EST

I am having a similar problem to what Markus Kossmann wrote about, but with the VIA Southbridge (Asus K8V). My situation is similar, but a little different. I would like to boot off a PATA drive attached to the Southbridge, but use libata for a couple SATA drives attached to the same Southbridge.

Is this still not possible? I also tried hde/hdg=noprobe options, but they didn't help the situation. It appears the only way to get the drives on sata_via is to boot off of them. Am I correct in thinking this is the only way to go about this?

-ryan

Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:

Is there any chance to use sata_sil with that kernel configuration ?
Or is recompiling with CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SIIMAGE=m or with siimage disabled
the only option ?

Yep.

Regards,
Bartlomiej