freezes with cdrecord

From: Alexander ZVYAGIN
Date: Tue May 04 2004 - 04:46:40 EST

Hello,

I use DVD+RW with 2.6.5 kernel. Very often my computer
freezes for ~10-20 seconds when a disk is cleaning.
I can move my mouse pointer, and switch between some
windows, but that is all. Command prompt is
not responding as well. For me it looks like the
filesystem is locked.

During the burning process everything is fine and
smooth. But very close to the end, the computer freezes
again for ~10-20 seconds. It happens in 'fixating' stage
of the writing process.

The created disks are fine, and computer runs OK.
I use k3b fronted to cdrecord 2.1a25.

Any explanations why those freezes happen?

With best wishes,
Alexander.