Re: Load hid.o module synchronously?

From: Randy.Dunlap
Date: Tue May 04 2004 - 22:24:45 EST

On 04 May 2004 22:49:56 -0400 "Patrick J. LoPresti" <patl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

| Greg KH <greg@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
|
| > On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 05:56:48PM -0400, Patrick J. LoPresti wrote:
| >
| > > But what if it fails to bind? For example, what if an error occurs?
| > > Or what if the keyboard is on the module's blacklist? How do I know
| > > when to stop waiting?
| >
| > You do not, sorry.
|
| That is disappointing. I mean, I deal with Microsoft products a lot,
| where "unreliable by design" is normal. But I expected better from
| Linux.

It's just a different model than what you are looking for.

The hid (or whatever) driver supports a hotplug environment.
It cannot know what device(s) are expected to be present
or just which ones you are looking for.

If it's a huge problem, you have the source code, modify the
driver to do what you want it to do.

--
~Randy