Re: kernel BUG at fs/ext3/balloc.c:942!

From: Rob Shakir
Date: Thu May 06 2004 - 12:10:25 EST

On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 08:32:04AM -0400, Chris Mason wrote:
> There was an additional error message from reiserfs before the bug,
> could you please look for it in your logs?

The messages preceding the bug in the logs were:

5140
0: file_release
1: reiserfs_vfs_truncate_file
PAP-5140: search_by_key: schedule occurred in do_balance!------------[ cut here ]------------

I apologise for not adding those in the initial bug report.

> Looks like you're on 2.6.5, the reiserfs logging fixes in 2.6.6-rc2 and
> higher fix a few different ways you can oops in search_by_key.

Thanks, I'll try that and see if it fixes the problem.

Rob