Re: sigaction, fork, malloc, and futex

From: Steve Beaty
Date: Thu May 06 2004 - 16:43:59 EST

> Sure buggy code. There are only a few things you can do from
> a signal handler and I'm fairly sure fork() isn't one of them.

well, one should only set values and deal with them somewhere in
signal handlers, but...

> Did you just invent this as a way of concatenating system calls
> to see what works? Surely you don't have a program that does this
> do you?

well, yes, but it is a classroom assignment so not "real" code.
the assignment is to create a simulated disk drive (a process) via
a "system call" that signals a "kernel". perhaps we should really
fork and exec...

--
Dr. Steve Beaty (B80) Associate Professor
Metro State College of Denver beaty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx