Re: PCI memory reservation failure - 2.4/2.6

From: Alec H. Peterson
Date: Sat May 08 2004 - 09:51:48 EST

--On Saturday, May 8, 2004 3:42 PM +0100 Alistair John Strachan <s0348365@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If it's of any help to you, please see my recent bugzilla posting and
mail to the linux-pcmcia list. I believe we have the same problem. I
have had problems with PCI allocations on this nForce 2 (for example,
lots of hardware that somehow works in Linux does not work in The Other
OS, the PCMCIA bridge is no exception).

I don't think that patch will work, and here is why (at least in my case). There they are using 4k alignment, but unfortunately I already tried that and it required that the memory be aligned on its allocation size.

Could you try my patch instead of the one described in the bug report and see if it works?

Thanks!

Alec