Re: 2.6.6-rc3-mm2

From: Rusty Russell
Date: Sun May 09 2004 - 17:19:48 EST

On Sun, 2004-05-09 at 23:32, Andi Kleen wrote:
> It is all the fault of Move-saved_command_line-to-init-mainc.patch
> which unfortunately has been in -mm* for some time.
>
> It simply breaks all boot arguments on x86-64.

How about debugging a known problem instead of whining how your arch was
broken by a simple change required to consolidate early parameter
parsing sanely?

I suspect that the problem is caused by x86_64 not saving the
commandline correctly, and this change has merely made the bug worse.

You copy the command line to saved_command_line twice: once in head64.c
and once in setup.c. Why? In head64.c you don't terminate it, in
setup.c you do. Which is right? There are printks of
saved_command_line in head64.c and main.c, what do they say?

I don't have an x86_64 box, and I ask *again* if someone who does can
take a look at the problem...

Rusty.
--
Anyone who quotes me in their signature is an idiot -- Rusty Russell