Re: Cache queue_congestion_on/off_threshold

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Mon May 10 2004 - 09:49:29 EST

Jens Axboe wrote:
On Fri, May 07 2004, Chen, Kenneth W wrote:

Jens Axboe wrote on Friday, May 07, 2004 2:39 AM

On Thu, May 06 2004, Chen, Kenneth W wrote:

(3) can we allocate request structure up front in __make_request?
For I/O that cannot be merged, the elevator code executes twice
in __make_request.

Actually, with the good working batching we might get away with killing
freereq completely. Have you tested that (if not, could you?)

Sorry, I'm clueless on "good working batching". If you could please give
me some pointers, I will definitely test it.

Something like this.

While we're doing that can we drop the GFP_ATOMIC allocation
completely?