Re: Weird cold boot problems with Abit KT7 motherboard

From: Chuck Wolber
Date: Wed May 12 2004 - 18:22:05 EST

On Wed, 12 May 2004, Pavel Roskin wrote:

> I have noticed several anomalies with Abit KT7 motherboard. They all
> happen after power on. First reboot from Linux (using the reboot
> command or reset button) usually fixes all the problems. Sometimes two
> or three resets are needed before the motherboard starts working
> properly. In two cases (of about 20) the motherboard started working
> properly right after powering up.

%< SNIP

> I just hope the description below will rings a bell with somebody, and
> I'll gladly test the suggestions. If not, the motherboard will go to the
> dumpster.

We just recently saw a similar report with the same motherboard. The
system apparently boots fine under FC2. This is only second-hand
information though, I have not personally tested this.

-Chuck

--
http://www.quantumlinux.com
Quantum Linux Laboratories, LLC.

"The measure of the restoration lies in the extent to which we apply
social values more noble than mere monetary profit." - FDR