Re: [PATCH] HPET driver
From: Andrew Morton
Date: Thu May 13 2004 - 18:16:54 EST
Robert Picco <Robert.Picco@xxxxxx> wrote:
> The driver supports the High Precision Event Timer. The driver has
> adopted a similar API to the Real Time Clock driver. It can support any
> number of HPET devices and the maximum number of timers per HPET device.
> For further information look at the documentation in the patch.
> Thanks to Venki at Intel for testing the driver on X86 hardware with HPET.
>From a quick read:
- Impressive lack of code comments!
- The /proc entries seem to be undocumented.
- There are several uses of `volatile' in the driver. Usually this is
either unnecessary or indicates a deeper problem. Are they needed?
- Why is mmap setting VM_SHM?
- hpet_alloc() leaks `hpetp' on error paths
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/