Re: keventd takes 99% of CPU when laptop lid is closed

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Thu May 13 2004 - 21:10:55 EST

Antille Julien <julien.antille@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 2.4.26, 2.6.5 and 2.6.6, the kernel process keventd takes 99% of CPU when
> my laptop's lid is closed. It comes back to normal when I open it again.
> Laptop is a DELL Inspirion 2650.
>
> This problem did not occure with <=2.4.25 or <= 2.6.4

Can you please generate a kernel profile?

Boot with the "profile=1" kernel command line option.

sudo readprofile -r
<close lid>
<wait 30 seconds>
<open lid>
sudo readprofile -n -v -m /wherever/System.map | sort -n +2 | tail -40 > foo

And send us foo?

Make sure that you use the System.map which corresponds to the
currently-running kernel.

Thanks.