Re: dentry bloat.

From: Paul Jackson
Date: Fri May 14 2004 - 06:17:51 EST

> so I guess you do.

Sorry - I'm being thick.

Is the new hashing good or bad?

(Usually, performance is thought of as something 'good', so when you say
it is 'brought down', that sounds 'bad', but since it's ms/iteration,
I'm guessing that you mean to say that the ms/iteration is lower, which
would I guess improves performance, so I'm guessing that bringing
performance down is 'good' in this case, which is not idiomatic to the
particular version of English I happen to speak ... So please favor
this poor old brain of mine and state outright whether the new hash is
good or bad. Does the new hash makes performance better or worse?)

--
I won't rest till it's the best ...
Programmer, Linux Scalability