RE: Linux Kernel 2.6.6 IDE shutdown problems.

From: Justin Piszcz
Date: Sat May 15 2004 - 07:21:59 EST

The problem is the 2.6.6 kernel muxed my drive and when it fscked upon reboot it deleted /etc/mtab and lilo.conf!

Luckily I restored them from a backup and now run 2.6.5 and it is working fine.

Linux 2.6.6 is a nightmare.

I am looking into the benchmark problem with 2.6.6 now.

--- In linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Justin Piszcz" <jpiszcz@xxxx> wrote:
Now whenever I reboot it says input/output errors when it tries to mount the drive? I will look into this further.