Re: [OT] "bk pull" does not update my sources...?

From: walt
Date: Sat May 15 2004 - 17:44:51 EST

Christian wrote:
hi,

being a beginner with Bitkeeper repositories i used to "clone" bk://linux.bkbits.net/linux-2.5 to my disk, then did "bk -r get" (as advised elsewhere) and do "bk pull" every now and then. but i noted the following:

evil@sheep:/usr/src/linux-2.6-BK$ date
Fr Mai 14 21:09:51 CEST 2004
evil@sheep:/usr/src/linux-2.6-BK$ bk pull
Pull bk://linux.bkbits.net/linux-2.5
-> file://usr/src/linux-2.6-BK
Nothing to pull.
evil@sheep:/usr/src/linux-2.6-BK$ head -n5 Makefile
VERSION = 2
PATCHLEVEL = 6
SUBLEVEL = 6
EXTRAVERSION =

This is correct. Linus does not include the 'bk' in the 'extraversion' field.
Doing a 'bk pull' will always get you the most recent changes. If you see the
'Nothing to pull' message then Linus has not posted any changes since the last
time you pulled.

Everything seems OK so far.