Re: 1352 NUL bytes at the end of a page? (was Re: Assertion `s &&s->tree' failed: The saga continues.)

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Sat May 15 2004 - 21:20:42 EST

On Sat, 15 May 2004, Steven Cole wrote:

> In the spirit of 'rounding up the usual suspects', I'll unset CONFIG_PREEMT
> and try again.

Thanks. If that doesn't do it, can you start binary-searching on kernel
versions? I run with preempt myself (well, not on my current G5 desktop,
but otherwise), so it _should_ be stable, but you may have a driver or
something else that doesn't like preempt.

Or it could be any number of other config options. Do you have anything
else interesting enabled?

Linus