Re: [2.6.6] Synaptics driver is 'jumpy'

From: aeriksson
Date: Sun May 16 2004 - 12:57:03 EST

> Hello,
>
> > The fact is, it worked _perfectly_ under 2.6.5 with the standard mode. No
> > problems whatsoever. Something must have changed (but I'm too unfamiliar with
> > kernel code) that causes some sort of a delay in the processing of the input
> > queue of the touchpad.
>
> same problem here with 2.6.6 (recent gentoo system). I am running
> 2.6.6-rc3 and 2.6.5 without the problems.

fwiw, I have the same observation moving from 2.6.5-mm4 -> 2.6.6 on a
gentoo machine... On the observations side, i can add that it not
only fails to smoothly follow the track it should, but it seems it's
back to its old bad behavior of randomly jumping to the top-right
corner of the screen... :-(

/Anders