Re: [patch] kill off PC9800

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Sun May 16 2004 - 16:30:36 EST

Andrew Morton wrote:
Well it's a question of whether we're likely to see increasing demand for
[pc9800] in the future. If so then it would be prudent to put some effort into
fixing it up rather than removing it.

Seems that's not the case. I don't see a huge rush on this but if after
this discussion nobody steps up to take care of the code over the next few
weeks, it's best to remove it.

Although I like deleting things as much as the next guy :) I do have a question, to which I haven't come up with a good answer myself:

Should PC9800 be excised en masse, or just toss the obviously broken or not-in-any-makefile/Kconfig pieces?

The PC9800 net driver stuff still seems to build, and be sane.

Jeff