Re: [patch] kill off PC9800

From: Joel Jaeggli
Date: Mon May 17 2004 - 17:32:16 EST

On 17 May 2004, Roland Dreier wrote:

> I don't know how many PC9800 machines were made but I can't believe
> it's that many.

then you've never been to japan.

but I think this got off track.

The salient issues as I understand them are:

pc9800 has been broken for a while.

There is currently no maintainer.

it's not likely to become unbroken anytime soon.

the principle stakeholders would seem to be people with pc9800 machines
who run linux which means input from the linux/98 project if it's still
extant but baring that it's just a pile of dead code.

Looking back through my mail I see Alan Cox touched it sometime in the
2.5.66 era.