Re: HDIO_SET_DMA failed: with nforce2 board

From: Mike Kordik
Date: Mon May 17 2004 - 18:00:15 EST

On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 12:13, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:

> > > OK, thanks.

> > > AMD/nVidia IDE driver didn't recognize the controller
> > > (or driver wasn't compiled in for some reason).
> > >
> > > I need full .config and 'lspci -vvv' output to know more.
> > >
> > > Bartlomiej
> >
> > Bartlomiej,
> > Thank you for your help!
> >
> > I double checked my boot partition to make sure I actually had copied over
> > the latest kernel I had compiled and it has the right date and time stamp
> > on it.
> >
> > The info you requessted.
> >
> > .config:
>
> Weird, everything looks OK. Can you retest with vanilla 2.6.4-rc1?

Bartlomiej,
I am running Gentoo and there is not an ebuild for the Vanilla kernel
for 2.6. I know I can still build it but since you said that I had
everything configured correctly I got to thinking. I had remembered a
"feature" to rebuild the kernel cleanly, mrproper, so I gave it a shot.
I did a make mrproper and rebuilt the kernel as normal. Now the nforce2
chipset is detected on boot and DMA is on!

Thank you so much for your time and the help you have given me. :)

Kindest regards,
Mike