Re: 1352 NUL bytes at the end of a page?

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 07:44:26 EST

Wayne Scott wrote:
From: Chris Mason <mason@xxxxxxxx>

Good to hear. We probably still need Andrew's truncate fix, this just
isn't the right workload to show it. Andrew, that reiserfs fix survived
testing here, could you please include it?

-chris

BTW. We have had one other person report a similar failure.

http://db.bitkeeper.com/cgi-bin/bugdb.cgi?.page=view&id=2004-05-19-001

But if sounds like this problem is now understood. It was a pleasure
to watch you guys, and someone should buy Steven a beer. Or perhaps
order a pizza for his family because I suspect this took some of their
time.

Yep. Thanks for your help Steven.

I don't think anyone has cleared up the performance regression
problem yet though, so I'll have to bug you a bit more.

Steven, with all else being equal, you said you found a 2.6.3 SuSE
kernel to significantly outperform 2.6.6, is that right? If so can
you try the same test with plain 2.6.3 please? We'll go from there.

This one isn't urgent, because I suspect it could be something
specific to the SuSE kernel rather than a regression in Linus' tree
- we've heard no other complaints... so just whenever you get the
chance.

Nick