Re: aic79xx trouble

From: Marcelo Tosatti
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 10:37:31 EST

On Sun, May 16, 2004 at 12:10:12PM -0600, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:
> > The Adaptec Ultra320 cards (aic79xx) do not work reliably on Tyan Thunder
> > motherboards.
>
> The U320 chips likely work a lot better now if you use driver version 2.0.12.
> The AMD chipsets seem to screw up split completions, and this version of
> the driver avoids the issue for the most common case of triggering the
> bug (transaction completion DMAs) by never crossing an ADB boundary with
> a single DMA.

Hi Justin,

I've seen several reports of what seem to be aic7xxx driver bugs. And
some of them you have stated that are fixed by your new driver.

I feel we should merge it in v2.4 mainline.

Do you have any idea of how widely use your newer driver is?

For what reason the changes you made havent been merged in the past
in mainline?