Re: [Linux-fbdev-devel] FB accel capabilities patch

From: James Simmons
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 16:49:19 EST

> Will it suffice to add
>
> #define FBINFO_FLAG_MODULE FBIF_MODULE
>
> for backwards compatibility?
>
> I'd prefer the new flags to be FBIF_*, as the identifier
> FBINFO_FLAG_HWACCEL_COPYAREA seems sorta long to me...

I agree. I dropped the _FLAG_ part. It just more readable with FBINFO.
If you have no problem with that I will add it to the fbdev-2.6 BK tree.
Andrew has asked me to move everything to a BK tree for him to pull.

> I'll sync with linus's bk tomorrow and try to rework my main patch; the
> "mainline" patch I posted was against his bk shortly after 2.6.6...

I will setup the new fbdev-2.6 BK repos tonight for Andrew so try tomorrow
to sync against that tree.

> I take it this is in addition to your con2fb patch I have posted at that web
> address?

Yes. I see that patch works like a charm for you. :-)