Re: swsusp: fix devfs breakage introduced in 2.6.6

From: Sau Dan Lee
Date: Fri May 21 2004 - 13:06:22 EST

>>>>> "Pavel" == Pavel Machek <pavel@xxxxxx> writes:

Pavel> Hi! This fixes bad interaction between devfs and swsusp.

Pavel> Check whether the swap device is the specified resume
Pavel> device, irrespective of whether they are specified by
Pavel> identical names.

Pavel> (Thus, device inode aliasing is allowed. You can say
Pavel> /dev/hda4 instead of /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/part4
Pavel> [if using devfs] and they'll be considered the same device.
Pavel> This is *necessary* for devfs, since the resume code can
Pavel> only recognize the form /dev/hda4, but the suspend code
Pavel> would like the long name [as shown in 'cat /proc/mounts'].)

Pavel> [Thanks to devfs hero whose name I forgot.] Pavel

The patch was submitted by me. But I'm no devfs hero at all. I'm
just a happy user of devfs who gets unhappy due to this swsusp bug.
:)

--
Sau Dan LEE ???(Big5) ~{@nJX6X~}(HZ)

E-mail: danlee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx