Re: [Linux-fbdev-devel] FB accel capabilities patch

From: David Eger
Date: Fri May 21 2004 - 20:25:02 EST

Quoting James Simmons <jsimmons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> > +/* FBIF = FB_Info.Flags */
> > +#define FBIF_MODULE 0x0001 /* Low-level driver is a module */
>
> Ug. You changed that. Could that remain the same.

Will it suffice to add

#define FBINFO_FLAG_MODULE FBIF_MODULE

for backwards compatibility?

I'd prefer the new flags to be FBIF_*, as the identifier
FBINFO_FLAG_HWACCEL_COPYAREA seems sorta long to me...

I'll sync with linus's bk tomorrow and try to rework my main patch; the
"mainline" patch I posted was against his bk shortly after 2.6.6...

> I have a patch coming that fixes the mode setting. It changes alot of the
> core fbcon.c so I will apply your patch to the fbdev-2.5 tree.

I take it this is in addition to your con2fb patch I have posted at that web
address?

-dte