Re: [RFD] Explicitly documenting patch submission

From: Ian Stirling
Date: Sun May 23 2004 - 10:40:04 EST

Greg KH wrote:
On Sun, May 23, 2004 at 10:02:17AM +0200, Arjan van de Ven wrote:

On Sun, 2004-05-23 at 08:46, Linus Torvalds wrote:

Hola!

This is a request for discussion..

Can we make this somewhat less cumbersome even by say, allowing
developers to file a gpg key and sign a certificate saying "all patches
that I sign with that key are hereby under this regime". I know you hate
it but the FSF copyright assignment stuff at least has such "do it once
for forever" mechanism making the pain optionally only once.

I don't think that adding a single line to ever patch description is
really "pain". Especially compared to the FSF proceedure :)

Also, gpg signed patches are a pain to handle on the maintainer's side
of things, speaking from personal experience. However our patch

Has anyone ever tried to forge the name on a patch, and get it included?