Re: apm standby on thinkpad

From: Alexander Mirgorodskiy
Date: Sun May 23 2004 - 14:09:44 EST

Alexander Mirgorodskiy wrote:
[...]

(I did try 2.4.26, but it behaved even worse -- didn't wake up
at all, even if standby was entered with "apm -S")

I have finally narrowed that second problem down to the CONFIG_X86_UP_APIC flag (Local APIC support on uniprocessors). That is, when the flag is set to "y", ThinkPad T41 cannot wake up after APM standby ("apm -S" or Fn-F3). It isn't specific to 2.4.26, happens on other 2.4 kernels I tried, as well as on 2.6.6.

Does anybody else see this problem on similar hardware?

Thanks,
Alex