Re: [RFC] Kernel origins and maintainers

From: pvant67@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue May 25 2004 - 13:26:24 EST

Linus Torvalds wrote:

I don't think I've seen it before.

For the last two years, you can find a lot of email addresses in BK, and you can clean them up with the name translations found in the "shortlog" script (part of "BK-tools" at http://bktools.bkbits.net/bktools).

Well, right now you won't get any real information from the sign-off
lines, since only a few people have started using it (7 people at the time
of this writing ;), so you're better off just doing statistics on the output of "bk changes -a" or something.

Linus

Thanks for the tip! I'm not familiar with BK at all, so I'll have to try it. So far, I've been collecting all the diffs to the CREDITS file back to version 1.0. Of course, I've some time on my hands, and I enjoy every minute of insanity ;)

The fun part will come when it is time to cross-reference and index it all. I'm not sure I'm up to that yet, but we'll see what happens. Thanks again!

Peter

--
"Truly, if Te is strong in one, all one needs to do is sit on one's ass, and the corpse of one's enemy shall be carried past shortly."
-- spotted somewhere on Usenet