RE: why swap at all?

From: Paulo Marques
Date: Wed May 26 2004 - 07:15:23 EST

I really should not feed the trolls, but...

William Lee Irwin wrote:

> If you've got a real performance issue, please describe it properly
> instead of asserting without evidence the existence of one.

> On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 01:30:09AM -0700, Buddy Lumpkin wrote:

> > insinuations and translate your message the way I read it:
> > I don't recognize your name, therefore you can't possibly have a valuable
> > opinion on the direction VM system development should go. I doubt you have
> > an actual performance problem to share, but if you do, please share it and
> > go away so that we can work on solving the problem.

Conclusion:

You really should learn how to read :)

This is a *technical* discussion list. So far you been able to post 7
mails about vague ramblings about what you think the VM should do and
what swapping is (not to mention unjustified personal attacks).

If you really think there is a problem with the VM post benchmarks
demonstrating the problem.

If you don't think there is a problem, don't waste our time.

If you want to continue this discussion, please do so off-list.

Best regards,

--
Paulo Marques - www.grupopie.com
"In a world without walls and fences who needs windows and gates?"