Re: 2.6.7-rc1 breaks forcedeth

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Sun May 30 2004 - 15:49:56 EST

Luis Miguel García Mancebo wrote:
The same here with nforce2 too. Actually I cannot test that, but I can confirm problems with the ethernet driver in -rc1. Perhaps I can test on tuesday if -rc2 works or the options you mention above.

As I said, there are _zero_ changes to the ethernet driver, therefore it is _not_ a problem with the ethernet driver.

Now that you remember me... I remember seeing one message... something about problems with IRQ # 9.

And indeed, this is more indication it's not a problem with the driver.

ACPI, your BIOS and the Linux PCI core are responsible for getting irq routing correct.

Jeff