"Reliable" faulty SCSI device for testing

From: Oliver Feiler
Date: Mon May 31 2004 - 07:19:33 EST

Hi,

the subject might sound a bit stupid, but I couldn't come up with a better
one. I'm not sure if there is a need for such a thing mentioned in this mail.
If not, please don't flame me too hard. ;)

I have a DVD-RAM drive (Panasonic LF-D101) that has seen the end of its days.
The device will stop working anywhere within 15-30 mins of operation and lock
up until you power cycle the box. Some device drivers handle this gracefully,
some don't like it very much.

I don't know how error handling is tested by the developers, I know there are
special devices that can simulate various failures, but I guess they could be
quite expensive. So my question is if there is anyone who would have a use
for this drive? If yes I'd be willing to send it, preferably to some in
Germany (Europe, rest of the world).

Oliver

--
Oliver Feiler - http://kiza.kcore.de/