Re: probls upgrading ram on a 2.4 linuxbox

From: Marco Marabelli
Date: Tue Jun 01 2004 - 04:53:35 EST

On Tuesday 01 June 2004 12:19, Marco Marabelli wrote:
> Hi all!
> As subject I upgraded my box from 1GB ram to 2GB ram; bios sees all
>new memory but kernel doesn'load (error in memory stack).

Details??

--
vda

Unfortunately I didn't note exactly the error output, I will try tonight again (it's a server on production), but:
- with 2GB, after lilo black screen ...
- with 1.5GB, the kernel stops after detecting SCSI drive, with a long output that explaned a memory error in stack ...
- obviously, rebooting with 1GB everything works ...
in a few hours I can report in ML the details ... (waiting for offices to close)

thanks in advice,
Marco Marabelli