Re: 2.6.7-rc1-mm1: libata flooding my log

From: Prakash K. Cheemplavam
Date: Thu Jun 03 2004 - 06:52:53 EST

Daniel Drake wrote:
Prakash K. Cheemplavam wrote:

I found another interesting thing: It seems those errors only appear when I use mozilla thunderbird! Any idea what tb is trying to do to the hd? As I said earlier kernels didn't report such errors. (Are those actually errors?)

I'm having similar problems (posted to linux-ide last week). Its not just thunderbird though, I can easily reproduce this under heavy disk activity (e.g. rsync'ing lots of data with a local server while unpacking/patching a kernel).

I seems 2.6.7-rc2-mm2 fixed the issue. At least since 2h no entry in my logs. Well done, Jeff (if it was you :-)).

Prakash