Re: .config question

From: Daniel Andersen
Date: Thu Jun 03 2004 - 10:28:38 EST

Francois Pernet wrote:

I've got a kernel already installed in my machine (SuSe Pro 9). I would
like to modify something and recompile the kernel. Since it has been
installed from rpm, there is no .config in /usr/src/linux. Is there any
way to create this file from the image and modules, so i do not need to
verify all my config prior to change something ?

Suse Pro 9.1 has a copy of the running kernelconfig in /proc/config.gz.
Type 'zcat /proc/config.gz > /usr/src/linux/.confg' to copy it to your sourcetree.

Daniel Andersen