Re: [boot hang] 2.6.7-rc2, VIA VT8237

From: David Ford
Date: Fri Jun 04 2004 - 18:26:24 EST

Both 2.6.5 and 2.6.7 will boot using the GENERIC IDE driver. I haven't yet gotten any kernel to not lock up using the VIA driver.

On another note, I can't get ANY network card to work in this machine other than with the gentoo LiveCD; tulip, 3com, RTL, eepro, smc..

The e100 driver even gives me this nonsense: "SIOCSIFFLAGS: Connection timed out" when setting the interface up.

The eepro100 driver says it can't initialize the 82557 and check that the card is in a bus-master capable slot. Self test failed.

This is silly. The same hardware all works with the LiveCD kernel, no boot options.

david