Re: Using getpid() often, another way? [was Re: clone() <-> getpid()bug in 2.6?]

From: Russell Leighton
Date: Sun Jun 06 2004 - 19:07:52 EST

Arjan van de Ven wrote:

On Sun, 2004-06-06 at 17:38, Russell Leighton wrote:

I have a library that creates 2 threads using clone().
[NOTE: I can't use pthreads for a variety of reasons, mostly due
to the wacky signal handling rules...it turns out that using clone() is cleaner for me anyway.]

a library using clone sounds suspect to me, I can't imagine an app using
pthreads being able to just use your library as a result.

Why? In what way would a program that uses pthreads interfere with threads created using clone()?