Re: xfs corruption or not

From: Ivan Gyurdiev
Date: Mon Jun 07 2004 - 05:39:58 EST

Do you know if the kernel was low on memory at the time? (any
signs of allocation failures in your system log?)

This looks like a memory allocation failure which hasn't been
gracefully handled (or approriately retried) in XFS - there's
a few patches being worked on to improve this, but they aren't
ready to be merged in just yet.

---
Well, now that you mention it, there's another trace right in front of
the oops. Don't know why I missed it - probably thought it was the same
thing. It says allocation failure. I am running FC2 with 128MB SDRAM.
----

(Trace in previous message in thread)

I think this is caused by working with a 385 MB LKML archive file when low on memory (basically all the time..) I can't ls -l that particular folder after t-bird locks up, since ls locks up too and becomes unkillable.