Re: 2.6.7-rc2-mm2

From: Andrey Panin
Date: Tue Jun 08 2004 - 00:19:59 EST

On 159, 06 07, 2004 at 10:01:57 -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> Andrey Panin <pazke@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Could you apply attached patch (only exports DMI check functions) instead of them ?
>
> I'll need a better description of what it does, please.

This patch creates and exports 2 functions which can be used
by the rest of kernel code to perform DMI data checks:

- dmi_check_system() function checks system DMI data against
given blacklist table and on each match runs corresponding
callback function;

- dmi_get_system_info() function returns DMI data value.
Useful for people wanting more complex DMI data check than
simple string match.

Also filling unused match entries with NO_MATCH made optional,
but existing NO_MATCH occurences are left intact, so people
are free to continue dmi_scan.c patching without massive
reject problems.

Best regards.

--
Andrey Panin | Linux and UNIX system administrator
pazke@xxxxxxxxx | PGP key: wwwkeys.pgp.net