Re: 4k stacks in 2.6

From: Jörn Engel
Date: Tue Jun 08 2004 - 03:47:37 EST

On Tue, 8 June 2004 08:26:25 +0200, Arjan van de Ven wrote:

> > That gave me an idea. Sometimes in chip design, we 'overconstrain' the
> > logic synthesizer, because static timing analyzers often produce
> > inaccurate results. Anyhow, what if we were to go to 4K stacks but in
> > static code analysis, flag anything which uses more than 2K or even 1K?

With 2.6.6, there are currently just a few non-recursive paths over
3k. 2k will give you a *lot* of output, but if you insist... ;)

http://wh.fh-wedel.de/~joern/data.nointermezzo.cs2.2k.bz2
470k compressed, 65M uncompressed

Feel free to send patches.

> the patch I sent to akpm went to 400 bytes actually, but yeah, even that
> already is debatable.

400 bytes? That is for a single function, I assume.

Jörn

--
Those who come seeking peace without a treaty are plotting.
-- Sun Tzu