Re: ACPI / cpu temperature problem

From: Lenar Lõhmus
Date: Wed Jun 09 2004 - 08:33:05 EST

Hi,

Hans Kristian Rosbach wrote:

Now, the problem with all these supermicro servers is that the
temperature seems to be stuck at 27 C. No matter what load or
temperature in the room. Something is clearly wrong.
What can be done to fix this? We tried setting polling_frequency
to '10', but that made no difference.

To confirm this I've found this:

Last kernel I used was 2.6.7-rc1-mm1. There "acpi -t" was reporting correct temperatures (as lm-sensors).
Now with 2.6.7-rc2-mm2 It reports 22C constantly. lm-sensors gives 40-43C.

This is on nForce2 MB with Athlon XP2500+

Same .config.

Lenar