[ANNOUNCE] linux-libc-headers 2.6.6.0

From: Mariusz Mazur
Date: Wed Jun 09 2004 - 09:42:26 EST

Available at http://ep09.pld-linux.org/~mmazur/linux-libc-headers/
Changes:
- updated to 2.6.6 kernel
- readded allmost all of the sound/* headers; some of those contain driver
specific definitions that might be used in userland apps to control various
hardware features
- added scsi headers - more on that below
- fixed macros in byteorder/swab.h - now hdparm on big endian machines really
builds
- other fixes (eg. frottle should build)
- I've made linux/audit.h parse out of the box; if I understand correctly this
is supposed to be a "kernel talks to userland" thing

First of all sorry for the long delay - this version should be here three
weeks ago, but I've been kind of busy. This shouldn't happen anymore and new
version should be released no more than a week after the kernel.
(yes, I know 2.6.7 will probably be here in a week or so :)

As for the addition of sanitized scsi headers - I've had some requests for it.
Up until now I've encountered only one app that wanted something more than
glibc had to offer and am not entirely sure if using these headers instead of
glibc's won't break more things than it fixes. Test it if you like and do
send a bugreport if you find that it breaks something.

--
In the year eighty five ten
God is gonna shake his mighty head