Re: swsusp "not enough swap space" 2.6.5-mm6.

From: Mark Gross
Date: Wed Jun 09 2004 - 11:28:29 EST

On Wednesday 09 June 2004 08:32, Mark Gross wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 June 2004 16:04, Pavel Machek wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > > I'm sorry for not having more information, but the failing computer is
> > > my home laptop (I'll get more details after work or I'll bring it in
> > > tomorrow for more details).
> > >
> > > Anyway, this thing does software suspend using the 2.6.2-mm1 kernel,
> > > and last night I was updating it to 2.6.5-mm6, and I started getting
> > > these not enough disk space errors.
> > >
> > > I found your bug fix patch,
> > > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=107806008626357&w=2
> > > and checked that it is included in the 2.6.5-mm6 kernel I'm using.
> > >
> > > Without more information does this problem ring any bells?
> > >
> > > Can you recommend a "good" kernel version that does reliable swsusp?
> >
> > Get 2.6.6, and set swappiness to 100.
> >
> > Pavel
>
> 2.6.6 still fails, just like the failure reported by the thread independent
> of swappiness:

> However; as hinted in the thread turning off premption does seem to fix the
> problem.

Spoke too soon. My build tree that had the success was 2.6.6-mm6, so I
re-built a clean 2.6.6 from tarball using the .config from the successful
run, CONFIG_PREEMPT=n. It fails. 2.6.6-mm5 works, but only if
CONFIG_PREEMPT=n.

I have to get to my day job now, but whats up with the flakieness of the
swsusp? Shouldn't it be mostly working by now?

--mgross