Re: [STACK] >3k call path in reiserfs

From: Hans Reiser
Date: Wed Jun 09 2004 - 13:12:17 EST

Jörn Engel wrote:

On Wed, 9 June 2004 10:06:16 -0700, Hans Reiser wrote:

Can you give me some background on whether this is causing real problems for real users?

It's not [yet]. This was done with statical analysis and keeping a
little extra room for safety. If you prefer to wait for real bug
reports, go ahead...

...but note that my signature ai has proven it's merits once again...

what is your signature ai?

Jörn

Unless it is really necessary, or a small code change, I would prefer to spend our cycles worrying about this in reiser4, because code changes in V3 are to be avoided if possible.

I am open to arguments that it is really necessary.