Re: [STACK] >3k call path in reiserfs

From: Hans Reiser
Date: Wed Jun 09 2004 - 18:46:26 EST

Chris Mason wrote:

On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 14:09, Hans Reiser wrote:

Unless it is really necessary, or a small code change, I would prefer to spend our cycles worrying about this in reiser4, because code changes in V3 are to be avoided if possible.

I am open to arguments that it is really necessary.

It's pretty important, especially when you toss NFS into the call path
the stack usage can go higher. The switch to kmalloc will be relatively
small and by now we're good at testing for schedule bugs.

-chris

Performance impact of kmalloc?