RE: Serial ATA (SATA) on Linux status report (2.6.x mainstream plan for AHCI and iswraid??)

From: Kevin Tarr
Date: Thu Jun 10 2004 - 10:58:55 EST

I have a machine running with an ICH6R Intel chipset.
I've been watching the LKML for info on my ICH6R
chipset's AHCI mode support. It has been a month since
the last SATA status report so I figured I'd write to
ask: Does anyone know when the preliminary AHCI driver
will be integrated into libata mainline? If so I
assume it will be a patch against the 2.6.x kernel?

Also, are there plans to release a version of iswraid
for ICH6R against 2.6.x?

Kevin Tarr

Jeff Garzik wrote:
> Serial ATA (SATA) for Linux
> status report
> May 10, 2004

> Intel ICH6 ("AHCI")
including > hotplug
> and PM.

> libata driver status: "looks like ICH5" support
available in ata_piix.
> Preliminary driver with full AHCI support now
exists, and is being