Re: ide errors in 7-rc1-mm1 and later

From: Eric D. Mudama
Date: Thu Jun 10 2004 - 11:40:01 EST

On Thu, Jun 10 at 8:11, Jens Axboe wrote:
On Thu, Jun 10 2004, Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:

/me just thinks loudly

'linear range' FLUSH CACHE seems so easy to implement that I always wondered
why FLUSH CACHE command doesn't make any use of LBA address and number
of sectors.

Indeed, that would be very helpful as well.

Neat idea... so you send us a LBA and a block count, and we return
good status if that region is flushed.

Each command can specify a 32MiB region, assuming a device with
512-byte LBAs.

Propose an exact implementation and an opcode...

--
Eric D. Mudama
edmudama@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx